Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions that we are often asked by teachers and students below. We hope these answers can help you get started at Prep 21. Should you have any further questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
How can I sign up for a class?
- Register a student account here.
- Go to www.prep21.com and click on a course that you would like to take.
- Click “take this course.”
- That’s it! If the course costs money, you can enter the class after paying the fee. If the course is free, you can simply enter the course and start learning.
How can I become an instructor and create a course?
- Register as an instructor here.
- Once accepted, login in with your username and password.
- In the admin panel at the top of the screen, click new and then “add course.”
- Add content and presto! You’ve got your own online course.
How can I purchase a course?
There are currently two ways that you can buy courses: Paypal and Alipay. Choosing paypal allows you to use a credit or debit card (e.g. MasterCard or Visa) while Alipay is for our Chinese learners to use.
Any advice on how to make an awesome online course?
We’re working on a bootcamp course for beginning online teachers. However, in the meantime, please check out these links which have great ideas to help you get started:
- Tips for Building a Successful Online Course (click here)
- Designing an Online Course (click here)
- 5 Step Strategy for Success with Online Learning (click here)
- 10 Rules for Developing your First Online Course (click here)
Who are the teachers?
The teachers are all specialists in their respective fields. Teachers on this site come from a variety of backgrounds. For example, we have teachers who are graduates of Ivy League institutions such as Columbia University. All teachers must be approved before they are allowed to post content on the site. Any teachers posting course content on the site are, thus, very professional and regarded highly.
Is there a code of conduct for teachers?
Yes, you can find it here. (coming soon) As a general rule of thumb however, try to keep the following in mind during your time as an online teacher at Prep 21:
- Answer student questions in a timely manner.
- Try to keep your content new and up-to-date.
- Only upload content for which you have the copyright to.
- Post questions in the forum when you need help.
- Be courteous and supportive!
Is there a Prep 21 app?
Will I be able to edit courses using the Prep 21 app?
Yes, you will!